Monday, September 14, 2009

It must be fall...

Well, it has been a few busy weeks since I last posted and I can tell that it is getting to be fall - regardless of today's temperatures! Fall, for me, is a time to start new projects and explore new directions - and that is what is going on now.

First, I'm 3 days in to using my possible shampoo bar and am reserving judgment for a bit. I'll give it a week as a shampoo. If I don't like it, it is a perfectly good soap, anyway. Those of you who are beta testing - feel free to do the same!

I also made my first batch of HE laundry detergent. I used up the batch that the lovely Ms. PL gave me and then used her fabulous recipe to replenish my container. I LOVE this detergent. Everything is so clean and smells like the fabric was dried in the sun. Yum!

And, last, but not least, I start my first herbalist class on Wednesday. There is a new herb store in town that is offering an Herbal Certification Course. This course is just the foundational classroom material. The real certification would come from apprenticing under a Registered Herbalist from the American Herbalist Guild - like the one that happens to be running the new herb store. I don't know if I'll go that far, but by October 7, I will have enough working knowledge to deal with the daily medical needs of me and mine.

And, just so ya'll all know, I am tired of not having any fun money of my own, so I'm ready to find a part time money making job of some kind. I figure I can trade 20 hours a week for some dollars and be happy with that!

Did I mention that fall is the time that I make all kinds of changes? Yep. Must be that time of year!

2 comments:

Madelyn said...

Thought I checked this last night - oops. Glad you posted - and strangely enough I knew most of this. I feel like I'm part of the in group ;-D

Evova said...

I love the smell of the shampoo bars! So will try tomorrow and let you know result.