Friday, October 9, 2009

Joy!

When last you heard from me, I thought that I was at a culmination point - where everything that had happened over the last few months was coming together and pouring me out into a new place. And WOW! was I right. In fact, I have so much exciting stuff to do today that I almost didn't stop to blog. But you know how I get when that lovely fall (and spring) light starts to happen, so I thought I'd at least get you a couple of pictures!
I have 4 of these on my kitchen table right now. I figured $3 for random loveliness is a pretty good deal.

And this, my happy, happy beta testers, is something that will have you thanking my herbal teacher. This is the base oil for a new series of lip treatments. Alkanet root makes it red, but the calendula makes this smell a little sweet and feel like silk. Yum!

So, now I'm off to do some work. I have to say that the other side of the seesaw is crazy busy, but I'm enjoying it so far. I've got today's second batch herbal tea brewing (this is a much more involved process with whole herbs but gives us something that is medicinally active with lots of minerals and still tastes good enough to just drink), and the farmers market vegetables washed and drying, and Oxti's critters taken care of. But I still need to sort out how to get George's CD cover art onto large envelopes (my printer is not wide enough!), and get a batch or two of lip and eye treatments done (yes, Ommi, I will be sending you a new eye glide soon) before hopefully heading out to the downtown Mesa 2nd Friday festivities. (This week is Oktoberfest - in a city that is almost half Mormon.... Methinks that the neighborhood is changing!) And lunch. Lunch would be a good plan, don't ya think?

5 comments:

Madelyn said...

:-D
Sounds quietly happy.

Angela said...

Happy, yes! The quiet part - well, I had to tone it down a bit for the blog. I try to keep it to the "burbling like a brook" level most of the time, but there are a few areas that get quite loud!

Madelyn said...

lol - well I get that

Evova said...

oh and i found the eye stick again. works v well under make up i can report. the lip goo stuff looks great. go you!

Madelyn said...

BTW, did I ever tell you you're a good photographer. You capture light well -- sometimes in unusual ways. Oh and random - though the eye glide is my favorite, I'm using the lip glide a good bit too. It's good for my lips i.e. feels good, and has the right amount of shine. I'm ready to start paying for this stuff - after you have your sale.