Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I am here.

After all of this thinking about word of the year, I don't exactly have the one that I want. But the lovely and talented PL gave me this idea. She highly recommends the phrases "I am here" or "This is where I am".

These phrases have the advantage of bringing in the positive aspects of the "Here. This. Now." thing I'm looking for without any of the negatives that come with several of the words that I've tried. Not quite as aspirational as I usually go for, but this year - with Dylan graduating and the expansion plans for the business - would be a good time to practice being very present and aware.

The interesting thing about "I Am Here" is that it reminds me of those mall maps. You know, the ones with the little red dots and the "You are Here" label? The whole point of knowing where you are is to get where you want to go. So, maybe - just maybe - being really well aware of where I am can help me get to where I want to be.

I am here. This is where I am. 2010 should be an interesting time.

4 comments:

Madelyn said...

Yep - it's a really good starting point - - - or even just a place to contentedly be sometimes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I about the post should have more info then it has.