Thursday, April 9, 2009

Psychosomatic

When I worked at my last corporate gig, I regularly had problems with my lower back. One day, while I was trying to stretch the tension out, I realized that the pain was worst when I rolled backwards over an exercise ball. And, because metaphor is so often reality for me, I realized that I felt like I was spending all my working hours "bending over backwards" to get things done in ridiculous situations. Apparently, back bends are not my forte - thus the sore back!

The last 10 days, I have been very hoarse. I still have a voice, but often have stuff in my throat that keeps me from speaking with any power. My voice is so quiet, that I can often barely be heard. This is also literally true in the current situation with our son, D2. So, please bear with me. It will be some time yet before I can speak clearly again. But don't worry. I am well on my way to being heard again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, if this is how I can keep up with my other half of my brain...As you are being heard, please feel free to pass those words of wisdom that only you know how to phrase on to others who miss you and need them dearly.

Madelyn said...

No words of wisdom here - just glad you shared this. All I can say is that I'm glad it's all in bigger hands than anyone around here.

Angela said...

Trust me, Ms. CRS. At the moment, I feel incredibly short on wisdom! I'll call this week and tell you a story or two....